Today’s recipe’s are made with ingredients we have at home and one doesn’t require much preparation. The 2nd and 3rd are a snack with left over pesarattu , aadai mav.
1. An instant and quick snack. Ingredients: – Poha-1 cup, dhaniya seeds—1 teaspoon, sauf –1 teaspoon, ajwain—1/4 teaspoon, curd—2 tablespoons, fresh dhaniya and salt. Wash and soak the poha for 2 mnts, drain the water. Coarsely powder dhaniya seeds, sauf and ajwain, mix these powder to the poha. Add the coriander leaves, salt and curd and mix well. Heat oil in a kadai , make small balls of the mixture and deep fry the balls. Poha Kunik is ready.
2. You have a cup of pesarattu mav , turn it into a healthy snack. Shred carrots, cabbage. cut green chillies and fresh coriander leaves. Mix all this to the pesarattu mav along with 1 teaspoon of chaat masala and salt. Grease a vessel with oil ,pour in this mixture, sprinkle some till seeds and steam cook it for 10mnts. Remove from heat, cool it and cut into cubes. Sallow fry it and enjoy pesarattu tikki . ( Pesarattu is a dosai variety made of whole green moong, grinded along with green chilli and ginger.)
3. How to make remaining adai mav interesting. Add equal amount of rice flour to the adai mav, ie 1 cup adai mav : 1 cup rice flour. Add cut green chillies, powdered sauf and salt. Heat oil in a kadai, take a small portion of the mixture, flatten it in your palm and slowly add this vadai into the oil. You will see the vadai bubble, turn it and remove ones they vadai is red in color. your Bubble vadai is ready. ( Adai is also a type of thick dosai. Grind boiled rice, tuvar dal, channa dal and urad dal, proportion 2: ½ : ½ : ¼ . Grind rice and dal’s separately adding red chili, asafoetida and salt.)
( Pesarattu and adai don’t require fermentation like the dosa batter.)
4. A sweet dish for the little ones. Shrikhand. Take a strainer, place a muslin cloth, pour one cup of curd and tie the edges together and leave it for an hour so that the water from the curd is drained. ( use fresh curd ,not sour one). Powder 2 tablespoon sugar, soak few strains of saffron in a tablespoon of warm milk. Transfer the thick curd from the muslin cloth into a bowl, add powdered sugar, saffron and ¼ teaspoon of powdered cardamom. Gently mix it together, Kesar-Elachi Shrikhand is ready.
5. The last recipe is a breakfast drink. Cook 1 tablespoon of oats with 1 ½ glass of water, allow it to cool. Take 2 cups of cubed melon , one small banana, cooked oats and 2 teaspoon of honey, blend it all together and enjoy this healthy fruit drink.
HAVE A GREAT SNACK TIME😊